Original Source: Chili Pepper Madness (adapted)
- 6 ounces rehydrated chipotle pods
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp Jim Beam bourbon
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp de arbol or guajillo powder
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add bacon. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion and cook 3 more minutes, stirring often, until bacon is nice and crisp.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute, or until garlic browns nicely.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes with an occasional stir. The sauce will slightly thicken.
- Serve! Can be served warm straight from the pan or at room temperature.
Original Source: Unknown
Yields: 6 to 8 servings
Heat Factor: Medium
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. orange habanero powder
- 10 dried mint leaves
- 12 to 16 peaches, split, stones removed, unpeeled
- canola oil, for brushing
- 30 fresh mint leaves, for tossing
- extra-virgin olive oil, for tossing
- granulated ancho sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium high or 325 degrees.
- In a coffee mill or spice grinder, grind together sugar, habanero powder and mint leaves to make a rub. Brush peaches with canola oil and sprinkle with rub.
- Grill open face of peaches until charred.
- Remove, and toss in a bowl with fresh mint, a splash of olive oil, sprinkle with granulated ancho sea salt.
A simple, yet hearty recipe that’s sure to please the meatloaf lover in your life. This delicious meatloaf is done Texas style and features the rich, smokey tones of red jalapeño chipotle and the mild fruity flavors of poblano chile. Great as the main course for Sunday dinner or served on a bun tailgate style!
Ingredients & Prep
- 2 tbsp Red Jalapeno Chipotle Powder
- ½ small onion
- 1 tsp Chipotle Garlic
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ cup Chipotle Texas Chipotle Pizza Topper
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup celery, chopped finely
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped finely
- ¼ cup poblano pepper, chopped finely
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 lg egg
- 1/3 cup spicy ketchup
In large bowl, mix all ingredients, except ketchup, thoroughly.
Place in a loaf pan or casserole. Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees
for 45 minutes. Remove from oven brush ketchup on meat loaf. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and serve.
Kick off your next gathering or tailgate with this mouth watering delight! A great alternative to Honey BBQ Wings -Sweet & Drunken Shrimp can be
served “Po Boy” style (plain or dressed on a bun) in the parking lot of your favorite stadium or with chipotle salsa at your next fiesta.
Ingredients & Prep
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- ½ cup Flour for dusting
- 1 ½ tsp Chipotle Texas Green Jalapeno Chipotle Powder
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 8 oz Beer
- 6 cups Olive Oil
- 2 lbs Peeled Shrimp (Medium to Jumbo)
In large bowl, add flour, Chipotle Texas Green Jalapeno Chipotle Powder, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Mix well. Add beer and whisk until smooth. Coat shrimp with honey. Heat oil. Dust Shrimp with flour and cover with batter. Drop in heated oil until golden. Remove from oil, drain excess oil. Enjoy!