Original Source: Unknown
Yields: 6 to 8 servings
Heat Factor: Medium
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. orange habanero powder
- 10 dried mint leaves
- 12 to 16 peaches, split, stones removed, unpeeled
- canola oil, for brushing
- 30 fresh mint leaves, for tossing
- extra-virgin olive oil, for tossing
- granulated ancho sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium high or 325 degrees.
- In a coffee mill or spice grinder, grind together sugar, habanero powder and mint leaves to make a rub. Brush peaches with canola oil and sprinkle with rub.
- Grill open face of peaches until charred.
- Remove, and toss in a bowl with fresh mint, a splash of olive oil, sprinkle with granulated ancho sea salt.